Sunday, October 2, 2016

Art Galley Visit


Tara Donovan untitled (Mylar) 2007


James Rosenquist Nomad 1963


Emst Barlach Der Racher (The avenger)1914


Marc Chagall Le Vie paysame ( Peasant life 1925)


Joan Miro Carnaval d Arlequin (Harlequins carnival)


Jacob Lawrence Seams belt 1945

A) Looking at Tara Donavans art structure from all angles was cool to me. Using her techniques to form a bubbles structure that looked like it was coming from the ground was impressive. That illusion showed her artist ability. I also found Jamaes Rosenquist painting quit interesting as it almost reminded me of a collage the way he put in different pictures to form one piece of art.

B) I felt a connection with Emst Barlachs sculpture that seemed to show someone pulling their own weight but doing that seems to be ripping them apart. I found this very relatable  and creative of Emst to think something like this out. I also felt a connection with Mark Chagall painting it looks like someone painting whats in their imagination. It made me think of how my own painting would look if I was to create something like his.

C) I would like to know more about Joan Miro because we share some of he same interest which is batman. I like her painting of Harley quins carnival there are plenty of different aspects and techniques I could see throughout the painting. Another person I would like to know more about is Jacob Lawrence I would like to know what was his inspiration behind what he painted.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked your first image of the bubble like figures as I agree it does show the artistic ability of Tara Donovan. She does a great job in her techniques and using illusion and deception. I thought all of your images and explanations were spot on and I can agree with them quite easily.

    Good work on this project.

    ReplyDelete