Sunday, October 9, 2016

Module 6

1. A. Some key concepts that I learned from the eyes of the sculpture video is that sculptures have 3 phases " A sculpture comes alive in clay, dies in plaster and is reborn in marble." I never knew of how big of a team it takes to successfully create a sculpture.
B. Some key concepts I've learned in the glass and ceramics video is that heat at a certain temperature makes glass malleable without breaking. I've also learned that ceramics can be used for hip prosthesis in the medical world.

2. The text explains the methods he video which included molding, casting, and carving. In chapter 12 a section speaks on glass and how unlike clay glass never changes chemically as it moves from a soft workable state to a hard rigid one.

3. I was interested in both of the videos I found them both to give me an insight look on how sculptures and ceramics are created and the different processes need to turn them into forms of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment